At Hampton High we offer a broad, balanced and scholarly curriculum which creates:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make good progress and thrive in their studies.
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Responsible citizens who can make a positive contribution to society.
It is essential that the curriculum is organised in such a way that it provides students with the opportunity to learn expected behaviours and be successful in their learning so that we can deliver our vision and values.
To develop a curriculum which:
- Creates an aspirational high achievement culture to enable our students to make ambitious choices at 16.
- Challenges stereotypes regarding what our students are capable of.
- Takes into account individual needs and styles.
- Gives self-confidence and respect and allows everyone to experience success.
- Continues to improves rates of progress and raises standards of attainment.
- Secures the fundamental building blocks of learning in terms of literacy and numeracy.
- Empowers learners to value education and believe that it is exciting.
- Allows students to experience a broad curriculum to cater for a wide range of experiences.
- Establishes strong behaviour for learning principles.
- Supports the spiritual, cultural and moral development of our students.
- Clear progress over 5 years to meet ambitious targets.
- There should be depth before breadth with maximised learning time in all subjects.
- Additional time is given to English and mathematics to ensure that students have the essential skills.
- Targeted support and additional challenge to ensure all students make at least national rates of progress.
- PSHE is integral to the rounded pupil and a key feature of our curriuculum.
- Support induction into secondary school for all Year 7 students.
- Bespoke pathways for different groups to ensure that they experience a full range of disciplines throughout their schooling.
- Curriculum guarantee; we promote learning opportunities outside of the classroom.