Equality and Diversity
At Hampton High, equality and diversity are promoted through an inclusive curriculum offer. We provide all of our students with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement.
We shall achieve this through:
- The promotion of equality of opportunity
- Challenging discrimination in all areas of the curriculum and school life
- Ensuring that curriculum planning takes account of the needs of all students
- Monitoring and evaluating our curriculum provision at School and Trust level, so that it represents a diverse culture and society, promoting tolerance, respect and understanding
- Ensuring that the teaching methods used in the delivery of the curriculum will be diverse and appropriate for all needs and learning styles
- Providing resources that reflect and promote equal access for all
- Promoting cultural understanding and awareness through the content and delivery of the curriculum
- Actively closing gaps in attainment and achievement between students for all groups of students; especially students eligible for Pupil Premium, students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, looked after children and students from minority ethnic groups.