We have recently revised our procedures and will be working with parents, carers and the Education Welfare Service to improve attendance and punctuality at Hampton High. This is because research has shown regular attendance and good punctuality are crucial factors in children achieving their full potential. At Hampton High we are committed to providing a full and efficient education to all, and encouraging our students to strive for excellence. Therefore, for a child to reach their full educational achievement, a high level of attendance is essential.
We wish to work in partnership with parents and carers and so are seeking your full support in ensuring that all students attend school every day and on time. We are always pleased to work together with parents/carers in resolving any difficulties but we are also committed to improving attendance levels at Hampton High.
Regular Attendance is not just a legal requirement but it is vital for students to maximize their learning, and achieve their full potential. There are a number of important steps that you can take to ensure your child maintains a high level of attendance:
- Ensure your child attends every day, on time, equipped and ready to learn.
- Please ensure you contact the school before 9am if your child is ill.
- Ensure the school has up to date telephone numbers and addresses. If your child is absent from school and you have not contacted the school we will contact you by text or telephone. It also ensures that we can contact you in an emergency situation.
- If no contact is received regarding the absence it will be recorded as unauthorised. The school is responsible for deciding if the absence is acceptable or not. Only genuine absence will be authorised.
- If your child has a poor attendance record you will be asked to provide medical evidence before the absence is authorised.
- Ensure wherever possible medical appointments are made outside of school hours or in the school holidays. Please see section: Medical Appointments
- Holidays should not be taken in term time. Holidays will not be authorised unless the circumstance is exceptional and may result in a fixed penalty notice.
- Respond to school letters or telephone calls regarding attendance and punctuality.
- Speak to your child’s tutor or head of year if you are experiencing difficulty in getting your child into school
Attendance officer email: email@example.com
Attendance officer direct line: 020 8979 3399 ext 275