A fantastic article that sets out 19 questions for you to ask yourself when thinking about your GCSE subjects. The questions are below, but more information is available in the article. It is important to consider your response to many of these questions as it is likely you have thought them! Please note any starred questions as they may not be relevant to our school.
- Should I base GCSE options on what I am good at?
- Should I base my GCSE options on what I enjoy?
- Should I choose a GCSE subject because I like a teacher
- Should I choose a GCSE subject because my friends are doing it?
- How much should money and future salary be a factor when I am choosing GCSEs?
- Whose advice should I listen to when choosing GCSE options?
- **We require students to take 9 GCSE subjects, so you will not be ablet o chose more or less.
- Are my A-Level choices affected by the GCSE choices I make now?
- Do universities care about which GCSE options you choose?
- Should I think about how courses are marked when choosing GCSE options?
- What’s the difference triple or double sciences?
- How important is it to get good grades in my GCSEs?
- What’s the difference between ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ subjects?
- ** We only offer GCSE courses at Hampton High
- How useful is GCSE advice from online student forums?
- Does my final GCSE options list look balanced?
- Does it matter if I’m in a lower set for my GCSEs?
- Will I ever regret my GCSE choices?
- How can I cope with the immense stress of choosing GCSE options?
Who to contact for more information:
Further information about subjects – subject teachers and heads of subjects. Contact details are available from the school website.
Careers advice and requesting a careers meeting:
- Ms Lauren Nuttall email@example.com
Queries regarding the options process:
- Mr James Owen. Deputy Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Will Jones. Assistant Headteacher email@example.com
- Ms Libby Povey. Head of Year 9 firstname.lastname@example.org
Further advice about options, careers, or progress – your child’s tutor:
- 9MH: Ms Harris email@example.com
- 9OC: Ms Clarkson firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9LC: Ms Colyer email@example.com
- 9AB: Ms Broome firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9TA: Ms Anderson email@example.com
- 9CP: Ms Palmer firstname.lastname@example.org
Information regarding future support with Exams and Access arrangements
- Mr Ben Fleetham: SENCo email@example.com
Further information available
BBC Bitesize: Everything you need to know https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zrjh92p
The Uni Guide: How important are GCSEs when it comes to university? https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/gcse-choices-university/how-important-are-gcse-choices-when-it-comes-to-university