GCSE Results 2017
We are delighted with the GCSE results this year. The students and staff have worked incredibly hard through the year and the results are a credit to them.
Although the introduction of the new GCSE in English and Maths has proved challenging and makes comparison with last year difficult, the percentage of students achieving Grade 4+ in English and Maths has increased from 46% A*-C in 2016 to 66% this year – a whopping 20% increase.
75% of our Maths students achieved Grade 4+ and 73% of the English students, again increases from 51% and 63% last year. This is a real testament to the hard work and dedication of all involved.
It is also fantastic to see a number of students achieving the very highest Grade 9 in both English and Maths as well as a number of grade 8s achieved across both subjects.
The following students have achieved particularly well:
- Marc Parker: 4A*s, 2A, 9 in Maths and 7 and 6 in English Literature and English Language
- Marina Ghaly: 5A*s, 1A, 8 in English Language and 7 in English Literature and Maths
- Sam Martin: 5A*s, 1B, 9 in Maths, 7 and 6 in English Literature and English Language
- Alisha McKie: 2A*s, 3As, 1B, 8 in Maths, 8 in English Literature and 7 in English Language
- Zoe Gahn: 3A*s, 2As, 1B, 9 in Maths and 7 and 6 in English Literature and English Language
- Megan Huntingford: 2A*s, 3As, 1B, 9 in English Literature, 7 in English Language and Maths
- Ehsan Mahmood: 2A*s, 4A, 8 in Maths and 6 in English Literature and English Language
- Lucas Murray: 6As, 9 in English Literature, 7 in English Language and Maths
- Katie Cardamone-Ward: 2A*s, 3A, 1B, 8 in English, 6 and 5 in English Literature and English Language